Friday, September 14, 2012

Busy Sunday

I believe I mentioned a time or two how much I adore our church home in El Paso.

This is just one of the reasons why.

Sunday was Missions Sunday at our church.
Each family picked a country to represent with food
and information about the missions available there.
Games, skits, presentations, and food abounded.

 The kids got to "visit" each country and get a passport stamp. Katrina, of course, had a real one.


 Katrina manned out table. She was representing Haiti, of course.


She helped me make corn fritters and fried plantains to hand out as samples.



After the "tour," we had a potluck dinner with food from all the different countries.
There was food from Germany, Sweden, South Africa, China, and several others.
Oh my goodness! It was wonderful.

I think my favorite was the scones with blackberry preserves and Devonshire cream from England.
YUMMY!



After church, we all crashed from the amount of food we had consumed.
I thought we would be good for the rest of the day. Maybe have a light snack before bedtime.

But, no!
I have growing boys who seem to think they need to eat every 3 hours or so.

So, Jerry and Jamie made us homemade pizza for dinner.


Um, yeah!
It was delicious. I highly recommend my husband's pizza.
I am usually the dinner maker around our place, but when it comes to pizza, I defer to the expert.



After dinner, we had Family Game Night.


 Can you guess what game we played?

My kids all time favorite.
Clue.
I believe Jamie won this round.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment