Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Smiles

I have been having a really hard time lately with life in general.
Being a good mom, a good wife, a good friend.

I could be really easy to let depression take over, to give up, to stop caring.
However, I am not going to do that.

James 1:12 charges me to press on.
"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

So, every week, I am going to post things that made me smile, that made me think, or just encouraged me to keep going.
 

Anyone who knows me knows I love lighthouses. As soon as I found this picture, I knew I had to have it. 
No matter what, I'm gonna Shine.


The kids are learning to ice skate every Thursday. James looks like an old man with a walker. It is too funny!


The boys had an award ceremony this week in Boy Scouts. I think Josh looks so handsome in his uniform.


This is my current table centerpiece. I went looking for any flowers to brighten up the house, thinking I wouldn't find any. It is the desert after all. Imagine my surprise when I found all of these. 
When you look for beauty, you will find it. Even in the most unlikely places.


What makes you happy this week?

Share with me, I need the encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. I actually hugged my new refrigerator last night. Brad looked at me like I'd lost it! But I'm tired of having to hide joy because he'll look at me funny. I've done that for too long - always actually! Let's dance for joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you, Janinne. I am going to be happy, I am going to show joy, and I am going to count my blessings every single day.

    ReplyDelete