Monday, April 16, 2012

Field Trip

I started homeschooling my oldest a few months ago because of some issues with his school.

I was a little afraid of it, wondering how he was going to handle the changes, but he seems to be doing well, both with the schoolwork and with his attitude.
And we are getting a lot of stuff done.

I guess he just needed some one on one time with mom.
And I am good with that.


Last week, we joined another home school mom and her kiddos for a field trip to the Archeology Museum in El Paso.
Before heading into the museum, we decided to have a picnic lunch and walk the trails.

Springtime in the desert really isn't all bad.

I always say I bloom where God plants me, but it's awfully hard to bloom in the desert.
I think I'm going to have to revise that statement after seeing all the cacti and flowers blooming.

The poppies were everywhere. I loved seeing the pop of color over the brown desert.

Look at those wicked sharp needles. Isn't it cool how God makes something so beautiful out of something so harsh?

This was my absolute favorite. It looks like feathers growing out of the cactus. So cool!




After playing around in the teepee and wikiup, we headed into the museum.







I love that a lot of the stuff was hands on. I think the kids learn better when they can interact with the lessons. The kids had a good time. And they learned a lot.
So did I.


Now, excuse me while I go and plan more field trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment