Saturday, January 28, 2012

Learning to Sew

Jerry has been picking on me since we met cause I never learned to sew. In our house, when something needed to be mended or patches sewn on, it was Jerry who always did it.
That's what happens when you marry a boy scout.

But that's all going to change next week.
I am going to learn to sew from a friend at church who is teaching a sewing class for the home school ministry.
I am not part of the home school, but I wanted to learn and she invited me to join.
I jumped at the chance.

No more jokes and pokes from Jerry.
I'm going to be a regular seamstress.
Just you wait and see.


My first project is this sweet retro apron.




I have been wanting an apron for a while now, but I hate those plain ones you can get at Wal Mart or Target.
I wanted something with style.
I love the 50's style. I think I was born in the wrong era.


Here are the colors I picked out for my new pretty.




I choose these colors because my kitchen is in teal and yellow.
So, I wanted to match.




However, since I am a girlie girl, I also choose these colors for a second apron.




Hey, I can have two, or three, or four.

Up next, curtains and tablecloths and sheets and...

I suppose I should see how I do with the apron before I start touting my sewing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment