Monday, October 1, 2012

Date Night

So, it has literally been over a year since my husband and I have had a date night.
I told him this a couple of weeks ago and he decided to plan something for us for this past weekend.

He just got his bike out of the shop last week, so we were going to go for a ride, but he still needed to do a little work on it.
So, no motorcycle ride for me.  I made him promise me he would take me next weekend.
We will see.

That's ok, we still had my minivan to use on date night.
We are hip that way.



I made Trina take a picture of us before we left to paint the town.
 



We went for dinner at Red Lobster. We never get to go there cause it is so expensive and we always have the kids with us.
And there is no way I am paying $10-$15 a plate for my kids who don't even appreciate the home cooked meals I make them everyday.
Jerry got The Admiral's Feast and I shared with him.  It is a lot of food!
Plus, we had unlimited cheddar biscuits.  YUM!



After we left the restaurant, we watched the sunset over the city.
I adore the sunsets here. They are always so spectacular.


As an added bonus, we had a full moon.  It was so pretty and made everything so bright.
I love full moons!



And cause we are old and that's how we roll, we went to Michael's.
Nothing but excitement for us!


We didn't find a lot to buy, but it was fun to play around.



I did buy this amazing bracelet. I will be wearing it with everything from now on.
Regardless is it goes with the outfit.
It is that gorgeous!


After we finally left Michael's, we weren't ready to go home to the kids, so we headed for ice cream.

I had Cherries Jubilee.
Jerry got Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
We did not share.
He doesn't like cherry and I don't like cookie dough.
Win/win.

And, see, I am wearing the bracelet even though it totally doesn't go with that shirt.
Oh, well.
It makes me happy.


How was your weekend?
Did you do anything as exciting as going to Michael's on date night?


I am linking up with Beth at

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome fun night! Whats not to love about having fun in a store and ice cream! And I have to admit, I am really jealous of your moon picture - what a great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun evening. I love your shot of the moon.

    ReplyDelete