Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekend Away and Inspiration

This weekend I will be getting away to a PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) retreat.
No kids, no cleaning, no responsibilities....

I cannot wait!

This is the first time since my kids were born that I have had the chance to go to one of these retreats. Really it's the first time I have had the opportunity to get away from all three for more than a day at a time.
Usually Jerry is in the field or working late or something, so I have always had to take them with me.
But not this weekend.
I am looking forward to the bliss.

I will have pictures for you next week.


But to entertain you while I am gone head on over to Tracey's site at:




I have spent a lot of time on her site. So many gorgeous pictures and ideas for decorating.
I have decided my next decorating project will be my bedroom.
Since it is supposed to be a calming place, a "retreat" if you will, I am going to make it perfect for me.

Vintage French retreat.
Since Jerry won't take me to France, I will bring it here. In our bedroom. So he has to see it everyday.
Maybe it will inspire him and I'll finally get the trip of my dreams.


Here are some of the pictures I found over at Tracey's site for my inspiration.






So pretty and airy. And relaxing. I believe I would just stay there all day.



Be careful at the site. It is addicting.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that room is gorgeous!! Now I want it too but my bedroom is way too small!! I think next year I would like to join you at the retreat! I think I could use something like that. Calmness, relaxation, peace and fellowship along with no hubby and kids! I'm SOLD! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous! I'd love to go to anything PWOC! I love the window shelf over the bed. I have a couple of old windows to do something with...

    ReplyDelete