Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thrift Store Finds

I love a good bargain.

So, it stands to reason, I love thrift stores. Now that we live in a bigger city, there are lots of thrift stores for me to scavenge through.
I believe there are twenty-one thrift stores in El Paso. I also believe I have been to each one of them at least once.
Some of them weren't worth going to more than once.

I also love to decorate. Anything, really. My house, my crafts, my church. Everything is up for grabs when I am in a decorative mood.

Last week, I needed to de-stress so I went to several stores and found a trove of goodies.

I love the yellow plate and candy dishes, they will perfectly match my teal and yellow kitchen.




I have been planning on several crafts and projects for a couple of weeks now (thanks Pinterest!) I've just been waiting until I found the right supplies.

And now I have.

Those ugly candlesticks? I gave them new life with a coat of white paint and made my kids their own Valentine mailboxes. I plan on putting goodies and love notes inside for the munchins to find.




I also found some tiny, adorable clay pots. I am going to paint them and use them for little decorative items each holiday. The picture shows Christmas balls, but the first thing I'm going to put inside are Easter eggs. I just haven't decided what color I want to paint the pots yet...



I found a box of buttons I could not pass up. There are a variety of colorful buttons inside and I am excited to find what to do with them all. But, the first project is a button monogram picture. Of course, mine will be a pretty L.




This beautiful mercury glass vase called my name, so I brought it home with me. I don't know what I am going to do with it yet, but I am sure I can come up with something.



Anyone else love a good bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment