Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Times

This past weekend, Jerry took the boys to White Sands National Park with the Boy Scouts for a day of fun in the sun. They were going to be there all day and I had absolutely no desire to go.
So, I sent the camera with Jerry with strict instructions to get me a lot of pictures.
I think he did a pretty good job.

The boys starting out rolling down the hills with no sleds. Doesn't look like fun to me, but what do I know? I'm old.




Then, Josh found this little baby...




At first, Jamie was a little apprehensive



Then, he decided it was worth it and off he went.






After this went on for several hours, it was time for Josh to participate in his sled race. That was after all, the reason for the trip.


Josh helped build the sled last week.



His team didn't win, but they worked really hard and did their best. And that is what counts.



By the end of the day, both boys were exhausted. As soon as they started home, they were gone. Out like a light.





While the boys were away, Katrina was participating in her 30 Hour Famine lock in at the church. Over the past few weeks, the youth have raised money to feed starving children in Haiti through World Vision. This event was the climax of their efforts. They spent 24 hours at the church, learning about famine and doing some service projects.
I am very proud of Katrina for her efforts. I know she learned a lot.



Since it looks like she has learned to paint, I am sure I can find some projects for her to do around here.

These great pictures are courtesy of Evy Perez over at
http://learningtosurvive-evy.blogspot.com/
Please go check out her blog, she has a lot of good insight when you are going though a rough time. With a little bit of humor thrown in.



Since I had a Saturday all to myself I got quite a few things done.

Laundry


Sorting and organizing for Katrina's yard sale


Planting basil


And trying out a new recipe for coffee cake muffins


These may or may not have lasted until the family got home Saturday evening.

3 comments:

  1. I always love your blog!!!!! The kids did awesome at the famine and all left with a new sense of appreciation for what we have and these kids in Haiti don't have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evy! I am so glad the kids are learning how good they have it. It's good to have perspective. :)

      Delete
  2. Right off I assumed the boys were sledding in snow. Then I realized it was sand! Duh!

    ReplyDelete