Wednesday, May 21, 2014

No Secret

It's been no great secret that since getting out of the Army last year,
I have been really struggling.

It's been a real challenge to transfer to this new life.
Challenges with the kids, challenges with the new home,
challenges with no Army family around.

Challenges abound.

But, so do blessings.




 We finally get to spend quality time with the grandparents.




There are a lot more opportunities for family time and fun.



And of course, there's Doctor Who family time.

Where we dress up for Halloween.


And eat strange things like fish fingers and custard.


So, all in all, I would have to say the blessing far outweigh the challenges.
At least until next year when I have two teenagers and one preteen in the house.
Oy vey!


2 comments:

  1. You'll do great with the 2 teens and 1 preteen! I think you have good kids!

    It is hard to transition from one life to another, especially if you lived the Army life for a long time. I know every time we moved, which before was average of every 2-3 years of sooner, it would take me awhile to adjust to the new surroundings, etc. Just right about when I got settled and adjusted, we would move again, LOL. I bet this time next year you'll look back and see something similar where the struggles are less and you find yourself more content with where you are at, even though I know you do enjoy being closer to family :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures. I'm sure you will do well with teenagers. You all seem very close.

    ReplyDelete