Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Finally

Finally, after months of preparation and discussions, we are home.

Not Army home.
Home, home.

Since Jerry is retiring from the Army, we decided to move our
family back to East Texas where our families are.
Back where we started.
This is the place where we met, got married, and had our first child.
I am very excited to start our new life here.

 But first, we had to get here.
We had a really rocky start to this move.
The boys and I were going to go first with Jerry and Trina following
two weeks later after he was all signed out.

Moving day came, full of snow.



We tried to leave El Paso last Friday, but apparently there was a blizzard going on.
We got 60 miles out of town, where we were turned around because the interstate
was shot down for over 200 miles.
I was so frustrated!
But, I changed my attitude, trusting that God had a reason for sending us back.
At least we got to spend one more day together as a family.

All was cleared up by Saturday morning, so the boys and I got up at the crack of dawn to try again.

It was a pretty uneventful trip then.
11 hours of driving with a lot of sleeping by the kids.
I can't wait til they are old enough to take turns at the wheel.

We arrived to grey, overcast skies and a new flag
my parents had put up for us.

I have been unpacking and organizing for the last few days.
And I only had a vanful of stuff.
The rest of our household should get here within a week.
I can't wait, I need my stuff.


Especially my bed.


I am going to miss my friends and the life we made in the Army,
but I am ready for this new challenge and adventure.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crow! That bathroom is HUGE!!!!! You could do cartwheels in there!
    Congratulations to a very exciting chapter in your life! :)
    Congrats on being HOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete