Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

I got to host Christmas for the first time this year. Since we are in the Army, Jerry and I usually take the kids to make the rounds this time of year visiting parents, siblings, and friends. It is always fun but also exhausting.

This year, our families came to us! 
My parents, sister and kids, mother in law, sister in law and baby.

We had 13 people in the house. And if you've been to my house you know what a feat that is. Our house is tiny, which made for some interesting sleeping arrangements.
But, it was awesome. I loved being surrounded by my family, the chaos, the laughter, the rough housing.
You thought only kids horsed around inside the house? No, no, no. The adults were worse than the kids.


It snowed two days before Christmas. The "kids" took full advantage of the white stuff.








Christmas Eve, my parents go remarried! (More pictures on that coming later)

It's a tradition in our family to open one gift Christmas Eve. So, they gathered around the tree and waited impatiently to start.

 My niece Erica is getting married next fall, so Jerry and I got her some stuff.  Apparently, she liked the underwear.


Jerry finally got the guitar he's been eyeing for quite some time. I know, I know, I'm a good wife.


But since he got me this little beauty, I had to step up my game.



I haven't stopped playing with it yet. I predict lots of sweets and breads being made in the next few weeks.


After the kids went to bed, Santa came and left the gifts for the kids.
I was impressed with Santa this year. He knew just what they wanted.





See that one for James? That was the hit of Christmas. The kids didn't stop playing with it all day Christmas Day. Or since then, for that matter.




We had a candlelight service at church Sunday morning. It truly was beautiful and moving. Have I mentioned before that I love my church? Well, I do. It is such a blessing to be a part of God's family.



After the service and our yummy Christmas feast, some of us slept and some of us played with new toys.






And this boy here


I held him all weekend.


And loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment