Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Decorating

Our family decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving every year. I just don't feel right doing all the Christmasy stuff before December. I think the turkey is right...




But after Thanksgiving it's fair game (haha...get it?)
So we pulled out all the Christmas decorations and tree and went to town




















This is my favorite picture of the day. I stuck the camera in the tree to see if I could get a good picture. Lo and behold, there was Jamie under the tree.

I don't usually decorate anymore, I just sit and hand out the ornaments and direct them where to put them.  But after they are done, I find myself going through and spacing everything better. It's my OCD kicking in.

 Here is the finished tree in all its glory...


Usually I pick a color scheme for the tree and decorations because I never had that as a kid, but this year I let the kids vote and they said they wanted to use all the ornaments.  So, we have a mishmash of decorations on it this year. 

It reminds me of my childhood. 


Then the boys wanted to help Daddy put up the lights outside. He wouldn't let them on the roof. He's such a stick in the mud.
But they did help with the outside of the house.










When they weren't playing around and making faces at the camera. 




No comments:

Post a Comment