Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Night Show

This is my last post about our weekend trip to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival! We had such a great time, and I took so many pictures, it was hard to narrow them down.

After the morning balloon launch, we toured Albuquerque to see what kind of trouble we could get into.


We found a pumpkin patch and corn maze that was going to open later in the afternoon, but we didn't stay around that long. Just took some pictures and headed out.



Someday, I want to have a pumpkin patch like this! Look at all those beautiful pumpkins. Makes me want pumpkin pie.

 Jamie is such a dork! In almost all the pictures of him, he was making some weird face.



Then we ran into a pen of buffalo. The kids were so excited. They had never seen buffalo so close. So we stopped and tried to get them to come close.

This one was curious, so he just came right up to the fence. Makes me wonder if he was expecting us to give him food.  Dream on, dude!



Josh wasn't too keen on the smell. I must say, I agreed with him!


Jamie didn't care at all. He just wanted to play with his new spear. So I made him act like an Indian at his fireplace. This is what he came up with.


Then, we headed to Old Town to see what was there. It was pretty cool.  A tourist trap mostly, but fun, nonetheless.

 The kids loved the cannons in the square. The wanted to keep climbing all over them.


A brief rest from the stores that were all over the place with anything imaginable for sale. 
The kids got to choose one thing from any store. Jamie choose an Indian spear, Josh, a bear claw necklace, and Trina found a beautiful peacock feather hair clip. I told her I liked her choice the best.



This table was set into a cute little alcove with dried chiles everywhere. And it was out of the sun. 
Bonus!


We headed back to the balloon field before the fireworks were supposed to start. The kids wanted to play in the huge field, like they had in the morning, but since it was getting dark, I told them no. So they settled for playing with their new toys while Jerry and I watched the spectacular sunset.




We all settled to watch the fireworks. I was all set to take pictures of it, but my camera's batteries had died! I was so bummed. Jerry took some with his phone, though. They aren't the best in the world, but they are alright. And, at least, I got some to share.





The firework show was amazing! It just kept going on and on. It was easily the longest firework show I have ever seen. And the Finale was just mesmerizing! 

I am so happy we got the chance to go this year. We had so much fun, I will probably go again next year. 

With or without Jerry.

I prefer with.







No comments:

Post a Comment