Thursday, October 20, 2011

Corn Maze


The Girl Scouts planned to go to the corn maze last weekend, so Jerry and I thought it would be fun to tag along.  Trina didn't want us along, so we split once we got there. But we got the reduced group rate and didn't have to wait in the insanely long line, so I was happy enough.

The boys wanted to play with the pumpkins as soon as we got there, so I told them to go for it. It made for great pictures.



The pumpkins were great, but they wanted a lot for them, so I told the boys that we would get some somewhere else. I thought they should have been included in the price of admission. But, I don't make the rules.

Things would be a lot different if I could just make the rules for everything!

Jerry just wanted to get started on the maze. There were two mazes, hard and easy. We let the boys choose which they wanted. Josh immediately chose the hard one. Jamie and I didn't didn't care, so into the jungle we went.






Josh and Jamie played, I took pictures, and Jerry guided.
I thought it was a great system. I wouldn't have been able to navigate it anyway, so I just followed, trusting my scout to get us out alive.

The maze was pretty intricate and we followed the map for a while, then we got turned around. So, after about 45 minutes, we walked towards the entrance and ended up going out through one side of the maze.

Jerry wasn't impressed with us. He wanted to follow the maze entirely, finding everything on the map.
The boys and I don't have that much testosterone.
We didn't care how we got out, just as long as we did. We all needed a potty break by that time. 

We only saw Trina once that whole time and she was running around with her friends so she wouldn't even let me get a picture. Teenage girls!



After we left the maze, the boys found the petting zoo. They feed the goats, petted the horses, and tried to catch the bunnies. They were in heaven.
 





The boys wanted to play in the mini maze made of hay bales. It was so funny to see them running around, jumping over the bales, while the little kids were having a hard time even navigating them.

The hay bales turned out to be alfalfa. Jerry is allergic.
You should have seen him run!


While the boys played around, and Jerry was nowhere to be found, I enjoyed the sunset.





I don't particularly care for living in the desert, but I do have to admit, the sunsets are usually spectacular.
Sunrise also, but I don't get to see that very often. I like my sleep.


When I finally found Jerry again, we let the boys play around some more, then headed out to pick up Trina.

All in all, it was a good day. Though, next time, we'll keep Jerry away from the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment