Monday, June 23, 2014

16 Years

Last Friday my husband and I celebrated 16 years of marriage.

16 years.

Sometimes, it seems like forever ago.
Other times, it feels like it was just yesterday.

There were times I thought we weren't going to make it.
But, we were both committed and decided that no matter what,
God joined us together and we would stay together.

I am so glad we have.

To celebrate, Jerry surprised me with a date to remember.

He saw how much I love the cruise we went on a few weeks ago
and knowing there was no way we could afford that again anytime soon,
he took me out for a sunset cruise on the lake.

I tried guessing all week what he had planned, but that scenario never crossed my mind.
He was very proud of himself.
And I was thrilled with the date.


 He piloted us.....



While I enjoyed the sun and the water.



I decided I wanted to drive us, too.



We had dinner and wine and cheesecake.
All my favorites.




It was a perfect date.
Sun, water, wine, and a gorgeous sunset.




I am so glad I said "I do" all those many years ago.




Here's for going another 70 together.


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated anniversary! Looked like such a nice date your hubby arranged for you both to celebrate your special day! I think every single married couple wonder if they are going to make it, but it is always good to have the knowlege that what God joined together, no one will tear apart, and strive to get through the tough times together with the grace of God. May you both have many more wonderful years ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete