Monday, July 23, 2012

Big decision




After 14 years, many discussions, and a bit of anxiety Jerry and I have decided that we are going to get out of the Army.

It has taken us a while to get to this decision and trust me, it has not been an easy one to make.
It has been our life since we got married in 1998.

We have had a lot of good memories in Army life.

Both our boys were born while we have been in, we have survived two deployments to Iraq, and we have seen quite a lot of the country.



But, now it's time for something new. 

Jerry has been inquiring about another career on the outside.
He is applying to the Texas State Troopers and several local law enforcement agencies.
 (Yes, he does have a hero complex. Why do you ask?)

I have loved being an Army wife. Well, most of the time. 
I have made a lot of friends and have left a lot of friends.
I have seen a lot of things and I have learned to be quite independent.
And I am going to miss it tremendously.
Ok, not the long deployments, the single parenting, the bureaucracy, the waiting and waiting and waiting...

But, I am definitely going to miss the sisterhood of Army wives that has made life in the military easier to bear.
Without them, I do not think we would have made it this far.

Now, I am trusting God in this new adventure that we are about to embark upon.
Now we finally get the chance to settle in one place, to put down roots, and have our children be around family consistently. 
I will be taking advantage of free babysitting, I assure you.

I am going to be posting soon about the progress we have made on our house that we will be moving into later this week.

If you think about it, please pray for us.
This is going to be a whole new world.


No comments:

Post a Comment