Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where Does Time Go?

Yesterday, I took my daughter to do some pre registration for high school next year.

We did a tour of the school, got a list of possible classes, and generally had a good time.

It was a very nostalgic time for me. As I walked through the halls, I was taken back to my high school years.
I adored high school.

Sure there was the usual teenage angst, the unrequited love, the girl dramas.
But there was also football games, pep rallies, off campus lunches, and lifelong friendships made.
It truly was some of the best years of my life.

Seems like it was just yesterday...


So now, I am truly astonished that I am getting ready to send my baby to high school next year.
Where has the time gone?



Wasn't it just yesterday that she was my little baby?



Wasn't it just yesterday that she was toddling around on chubby little legs?



Wasn't it just yesterday when I could dress her up in frilly clothes?



How in the world then, did she turn into this beautiful young woman ready to enter the world of high school?



Next thing you know, she's going to be married and having kids.

Oh, wait...I'm kinda looking forward to that part.

Carry on, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment