Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Project House

We went "home" this summer to visit family. Just like every summer, it seems. Someday, we will go on a real vacation. Paris, I will visit one day...


But for now, we have lots to do there. My parents gave us their land and house this summer, so Jerry and I decided that it will need to be expanded before we move in. So, while we are in the Army, we are having my dad build onto the house until we get there and can pitch in more.

So, we decided to take these two weeks to help out with the building. Didn't get a lot done on the actual building since it was too hot to even move (100 + degrees everyday).  But we did find an old abandoned house that the owner said we could take apart and use whatever we wanted from it.


Kinds scary lookin', huh?
It leans so much that walking around inside was quite the adventure. Jerry practically forbade me from entering from fear that is was going to collapse at any minute.
Since I was properly put into my "womanly" place, I decided to document the guys working instead of doing actual physical labor.  A shame, I know! 

They decided that the windows and siding needed to come off before working on the inside. It has wonderful wooden floors that I will be installing into my new home. I cannot wait! But first things first...






 Teamwork







 I love a hard workin' man!



Careful!



We did have some fun on the vacation. I will be posting about that soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. Thank you for sharing.

    Pastor David.

    ReplyDelete