Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas

Yes, yes, I know it's only September. But I love Christmas and cannot wait until it gets here. I love the decorating, the smells, the memories. Everything about it! So, when I saw these homemade crystal ornaments on pinterest, I knew I was going to make them with my kids.

I was going to wait until December to make them, but I am impatient and decided we were going to do it now. And we did. here they are!








All it took was boiling water, borax, and pipe cleaners. When we made them and put them into the water, the kids were not real impressed. But when they came out all crystallized, they were so excited that they had made them. They wanted to make more, so Jerry shaped each of our names and the kids made lots more shapes.
The ones that we put into the hot water and let cool off slowly, made big, awesome crystals. When we put others into the cooled off water and let them sit, they formed tiny , beautiful crystals all over. I can't decide which I like better.

I can't wait to put them on the tree with all the twinkling lights and see them sparkle!

Hurry up, Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment